10 ways to turn your trip into a luxury adventure
Going on a trip and traveling on it do not necessarily have to be synonymous. There are ways to travel on the road and make it a girlfriend or romantic getaway. If the simple definition of camping and living out of your car doesn’t seem ideal, these tips might work for you.
1. Instead of driving your everyday, boring car, rent a luxury RV with modern amenities. There are tons of options with island beds, touch screen panels, standing showers and other luxuries that resemble a hotel on the go.
2. On the other hand, it is only two people and you prefer accommodation on land, rent the car of your dreams! Realize your fantasies and pretend to be a high roller for the weekend – roll in a Porsche or Cadillac.
3. Take a break from driving on the road and treat yourself to a vineyard tour. Navigation is out of your hands for a while, and you can try a decadent Merlot or a crisp Pinot. Stay a safe driver and don’t forget to stay at a hotel or bed and breakfast for the night!
4. Consider staying at a resort like The Four Seasons or Shangri La. If you don’t like the sound of a big chain, try staying at a local upscale hotel instead of a traditional Motel 66-style pit stop. You’ll feel like a leader in no time.
5. By splurging on the length of your trip, you could be investing in the ultimate luxury. Hire a driver for the whole trip – you’ll enjoy the scenery, the splurges, take tons of selfies and enjoy a break from responsibility.
6. Go glamping when camping seems too disgusting. Some canvas tents have chandeliers and bathrooms. Try the Under Canvas retreats. An outdoor retreat with good plumbing, lighting, and air conditioning can change your mind, whether you’re a hiker or not.
7. Try different farm-to-table restaurants in each place you stay. Ditch the McDonald’s on this trip and instead try the high-end, one-of-a-kind restaurants in the places you visit – it’ll be worth the memories. Lost Kitchen in Freedom, Maine is one such completely unique place.
8. Take a trip abroad. Get on a flight and then rent a car. Take glamping to the next level with international safaris, game reserves and more. Like Macal River Camp in Chat Creek, Belize (complete with hot tub) or Treehotel in Harads, Sweden.
9. Visit a place with natural luxuries like hot springs and coral reefs. Who needs to pay for expensive resorts and art galleries when you can enjoy the wonders and benefits of nature firsthand?
10. Hire a luxury company to design a custom itinerary for you if the idea of planning itineraries makes you sick to your stomach.