Publisher Bethesda Softworks and developer Tango Gameworks have announced a rhythm action game Hi-Fi RUSH for Xbox Series and PC (Steam, Epic Games Store, Microsoft Store). It’s available now for $29.99, as well as via Xbox Game Pass.
Get the details below.
Hi-Fi RUSH is a fast-paced single-player action game from Tango Gameworks, the award-winning studio behind Ghostwire: Tokyo and Evil in. Into the Hi-Fi RUSH, the whole world moves to the beat. Everything from the swaying trees in the environment to every shot you land during combat automatically syncs to the game’s music with stellar animations.
The player takes on the role of Chai, a free-spirited slacker with rockstar ambitions. During a tech procedure to receive a robotic arm, he finds an unexpected “bonus” when his music player is fused into his power unit. If that wasn’t enough, the company behind the experiment is labeling it a “flaw,” making it a target for deactivation. With a team of corporate overlords and an army of robots after him, Chai must defend himself through rhythmic combat and the help of a motley crew of allies to take down the company’s ruthless business leaders and escape.
- Gameplay that is always in sync – Every element in the world Hi-Fi RUSH is synchronized with the game’s soundtrack. The battle sequences line up perfectly with the beat of the music, allowing for gameplay that is not only exhilarating, but extremely satisfying. Hi-Fi RUSH is a fast-paced action game with an emphasis on action. A player’s movements are not dictated by the music as in a traditional rhythm game – players have the freedom of a full action game, but the introduction of rhythm actions amplifies the player’s attacks along with the music.
- Full of Personality – Hi-Fi RUSH features a cast of outrageous characters, each with their own unique personalities and abilities to help Chai take down the bad guys and turn up the volume on the game’s playful tone. Hi-Fi RUSH is unlike anything Tango Gameworks has created before and offers a fun and humorous gaming experience for everyone.
- Addictive music – Hi-Fi RUSH features an energetic and catchy soundtrack of licensed songs, ranging from well-known rockers to some inspirational tunes that will keep players engaged and bopping along as they sing along. Both licensed and original music in Hi-Fi RUSH offers more than background music, each track matching the pace of that level’s characters, environments, platforming, and combat.
- Dynamic visuals – From lovingly animated gags to sharp comic book effects, the images are available Hi-Fi RUSH they are vibrant and fun. Hi-Fi RUSHIts visual style not only appeals to a variety of audiences, but it’s also light on gamer hardware and doesn’t require an expensive graphics card to look vibrant and stunning on Xbox or PC.
- Streamer mode – For those who want to stream live Hi-Fi RUSH or post the game online, Hi-Fi RUSH features a Streamer mod that replaces the game’s licensed songs with original songs. This mod should allow streamers and content creators to stream and post their gameplay with a low risk of claims, removal and suppression. This option is toggled in Game Settings. Please note that even if players take these actions, due to forces beyond our control, there is no guarantee that external parties or software will not interfere with posted content. However, using Streamer mode is intended to reduce the chances of this happening.
Licensed parts (not shown in Streamer mode)
- Nine Inch Nails – “1,000,000”
- Nine Inch Nails – “The Perfect Medicine”
- The Black Keys – “Lonely Boy”
- Prodigy – “Invaders Must Die”
- The Formidable Joy – “Zurait”
- Number Girl – “Inazawa Chainsaw”/li>
- Wolfgang Gartner – “Wolfgang’s 5th Symphony”
- Zwan – “Sincere”
Included in Hi-Fi RUSH Deluxe Edition:
- Hi-Fi RUSH (base game)
- Two Chai Outfits*
- Seven bonus Chai shirts
- 808-Themed Guitar Skin
- 808 alternative skin
- Gears Starter Pack with 20,000 Gears to unlock battle skills and other upgrades. (Note: Gear is earned through in-game combat and exploration and is not available as purchasable currency.)
*Each of Chai’s outfits includes a hairstyle, scarf, jacket, pants and shoes that can be mixed and matched with the t-shirts and guitar skins.
Note: Tools are available immediately after purchase. Players have access to the other items after passing the opening stage and can change their outfits in the Hideout.
Watch a set of trailers below. View a set of screenshots in the gallery.