PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Switch versions of the side-scrolling action platformer roguelite Blade Assaultwhich were originally planned to launch on September 30, 2022, will now launch on March 31, publisher PM Studios and developer Team Suneat have announced.
The PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4 and Switch versions will be available both physically at major retailers and digitally. Users who pre-order the game will receive the launch edition, which includes a postcard and sticker sheet while supplies last.
Blade Assault Released for PC via Steam on January 17, 2022, after an early access period that began on June 7, 2021.
Here’s an overview of the console version, via PM Studios:
After the devastating Redstone War, the world is divided into three regions: the mutant-infested outer lands, the Underground City where humans have fled for refuge from the mutants, and the celestial city of Esperanza, where the rich and powerful rule over the world. Fight against the corrupt army of Esperanza as part of the Undercity’s resistance force. Bring the corrupt to justice as you grow stronger and fight alongside your trusted companions!
The console version will include all the great content previously released for the PC version. This includes:
- Three playable characters, each with their own unique playstyle and distinctive weapons.
- Upgraded weapons to turn them into beasts capable of tearing through the world’s monsters.
- 200 different items from Cores to Gears.
- Fight your way through seven challenging bosses.
- Use the friendship system to develop relationships and earn rewards from NPCs.
- Complete the game to unlock the Assault Tier — test your mettle against endless waves of enemies on hard mode.