Claim Tory Lanez Assaulted Singer August Alsina Is Being 'Thoroughly Examined' By Los Angeles Prosecutors – Rolling Stone

Claim Tory Lanez Assaulted Singer August Alsina Is Being ‘Thoroughly Examined’ By Los Angeles Prosecutors – Rolling Stone

as Tory Lanez Awaiting trial on felony charges that he allegedly shot and wounded Megan Thee Stallion in her feet during an attack in Los Angeles two years ago, the rapper now faces accusations that he assaulted singer August Alsina in Chicago during the Weekend.

Alsina’s allegations, shared online with multiple photos showing the Louisiana singer’s bloodied lip and other injuries, are now the subject of an out-of-state investigation by the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office, which is prosecuting the case. Assault with a firearm on Megan.

“We are aware of allegations that the defendant attacked artist August Alsina and we are investigating these allegations. The accusations are serious and will be thoroughly examined, “says the Prosecutor’s Office in a statement to Rolling Stone.

It was on Sunday that Alsina claimed in a series of graphic Instagram posts that Lanez, whose real name is Daystar Peterson, attacked him at the “Fall Back In Love Comedy & Music Jam” show held at the Arie Crown Theater in New York. Chicago on Saturday night.

Alsina, 30, described Peterson as a hyperactive “goblin” who rushed him with eight “oversized” bodyguards to ask why the singer didn’t “fix” him, that is, shake his hand. Alsina says he replied that he didn’t think the two were friends and that his doctor had advised her to avoid shaking hands amid ongoing concerns with Covid and Monkeypox. (Video of Alsina leaving Peterson hanging made the rounds on social media.)

The singer shared more photos showing pink, fleshy wounds on the inside of his lip, near his elbow, and on his knee. He claims he was the victim of a “sneak attack” by Peterson, who allegedly ran “back into the building.”

Chicago police confirmed to Rolling Stone that a 30-year-old man was allegedly “punched in the face” by another 30-year-old man around 11:30 p.m. Saturday, with a location being mentioned that coincides with the theater.

“Detectives are investigating,” the department says, declining to name the victim. The department says criminals are identified by name only after they are charged or an arrest warrant has been issued.

Peterson’s criminal attorney in Los Angeles did not immediately return. Rolling Stonecomment request.

Meanwhile, the prosecutors in Megan’s case had no problem getting into the fray. They previously asked the judge hearing her felony assault case to revoke or increase the rapper’s bail amid allegations that he violated orders of protection.

Peterson, 30, had bail increased to $250,000 in September 2021 after a judge found he violated a restraining order that prohibited him from coming within 100 yards of Megan or harassing her in any way. Prosecutors said he attended the Rolling Loud Festival in Miami in July 2021 and “tried to get on stage” while Megan was performing. Disguised in a costume, he also took the stage with DaBaby while Megan was still in the venue and her song “Cry Baby” was playing, prosecutors said in her bail motion obtained by Rolling Stone.

Peterson’s bail was increased again in April, to $350,000, after a judge found the “SKAT” rapper violated protective orders that prohibited him from harassing Megan or discussing the discovery of the case with third parties.

The start of Peterson’s criminal trial in Los Angeles was delayed again last week, with a judge setting a new return date for November 28. Prosecutors say they expect jury selection to begin Dec. 5.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.