If you just got a new iPhone 14 Pro, iPhone 14 Pro Max, iPhone 14, or iPhone 14 Plus, you’re probably pretty excited about getting it set up and working with all your data and more from your previous iPhone to your new device.
Apple has made it easy to transfer data from an old iPhone to a new iPhone, and the iPhone 14 series is no exception. Let’s dive in so you can set up your new iPhone 14 series device with all your stuff from your old iPhone model.
You need to make sure that both iPhones are fully charged, or at least connected to a power source, so that they can continue the transfer process continuously. You also need to make sure that the old iPhone and the new iPhone 14 Pro/iPhone 14 are on the same Wi-Fi network.
How to upgrade from old iPhone to iPhone 14 Pro, iPhone 14
Here’s how the Quick Launch feature works to easily set up your new iPhone:
- Turn on your old iPhone and put it next to your new iPhone 14 Pro.
- On your old iPhone, go to Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPhone > then tap Get Started.
- Now turn on your new iPhone 14 Pro/iPhone 14 if you haven’t already (it may ask you to update to a new version of iOS first) and stop at the quick launch screen.
- Soon, you should open the Set Up New iPhone screens, where you can confirm that the Apple ID is the same for both devices, and then follow the on-screen instructions to transfer your old iPhone data to the new iPhone 14/iPhone 14 Pro.
- Select the Transfer from iPhone option to create a peer-to-peer network between devices.
- Both screens of the iPhone will display the data transfer screen with the estimated completion time, do not interrupt this process on either the iPhone 14 Pro or the old iPhone.
When the process is complete, everything will be on your new iPhone 14 Pro, iPhone 14 Pro Max, iPhone 14, or iPhone 14 Plus.
It’s a good idea to check your notes, photos, and more to make sure they’ve all been transferred successfully, especially before you trade in, trade, or reset your old iPhone.
That’s it, your new iPhone 14 Pro / iPhone 14 is set up with all the features of your old iPhone. Is it easy or what?
You can also use alternative transfer methods such as restoring from an iCloud backup, Finder, or iTunes, but the Quick Start method is by far the simplest and easiest way to set up a new iPhone. Enjoy your new device.