Empire of the Ants, the upcoming game based on Bernard Werber’s 1991 science fiction novel, will be released for consoles and PC via Steam in 2024, publisher Microids and developer Tower Five have announced. Specific consoles have not been made clear, but the game is currently available for wishlist via the PlayStation Store.
Here’s an overview of the game, via Microids:
Based on Bernard Werber’s best-seller, Empire of the Ants will offer a strategic experience close to the iconic card saga.
Experience thrilling adventures and defend your lands through tactical and strategic battles in a microscopic world of epic proportions.
Exploration, strategy, combat skills, but above all, the local wildlife alliance will be necessary to emerge victorious from the many challenges that await you.
Take part in the exodus of a doomed and lost colony
Play as Savior Ant, whose mission is to lead his “people” and rebuild a home, protect them, make them prosper and conquer new territories through different seasons.
- Take part in the Epic Adventure – Take on the role of a brave ant with a third-person view and explore unique abilities that can help you in combat and exploration.
- A real-time 3D strategy game with progressive difficulty – The game promises an intuitive experience for newcomers, with the presence of tutorials to learn the fundamentals of a real-time strategy game. The game will also offer a scalable difficulty and customizable experience for veteran players who will discover new game mechanics as well as advanced strategies and combat skills.
- Explore wonderful environments and meet local wildlife – The game will feature a photo-realistic forest to explore. Meet, meet and interact with other ants as well as forest dwellers through your adventure.
- Photo-realistic – Unreal Engine 5 allows pushing the limits of the photo-realistic effect on plants and wildlife.
- Narrative based on the rhythm of the season – The game presents a narrative that follows the rhythm of the seasons, to which the environments and game mechanics will adapt.
- Contrast diversity and adaptation – The game maps will evolve according to the time of day (day, night, dawn and dusk).
View the first screenshots in the gallery.