Hello and welcome back to Equity, a podcast about the business of startups, where we break down the numbers and the nuances behind the headlines.
- We start with a look at the Figma-Adobe deal, worth some $20 billion. TechCrunch’s news coverage is here and Alex has more notes here.
- Deals of the week: Maven, Patreon and Modulous.
- We also talked about the topic of the Launch House, and what to do with the model and the management of the company. The conversation naturally led us to find out what community is.
- From there, Europe! Which is seeing a wave of new venture funds, leading to notable intracontinental competition.
- And then we end with a brief note on the latest in the Twitter-Musk deal.
If you come to Disrupt, use the code “EQUITY” to save 15%. It makes us look good internally and gives you a cheaper discount on our first live Disrupt show in the history of the podcast.
Equity drops every Monday at 7am PDT and Wednesday and Friday at 6am PDT, so subscribe to us at Apple Podcasts, Foggy, Spotify Y all casts.